Yes, it’s been a hard time, but look to the future for hope in everything. If you’re a man or woman of faith, please exercise your faith in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving. Yes, this is straight from scripture. Where do you find your strength? I hope we share our source of truth.
What’s in store for travel adventures in 2021? The top of the dive bucket list, the Coral Triangle, world’s greatest safari destination.
The Serengeti has become synonymous with African Safaris, often filling heads with images of golden sunsets over the savannah, or heavy hoofs rising clouds of orange dust, lions stalking in the wake. This is easily the most famous National Park in Tanzania and offers unparalleled safari experiences, including the biggest spectacle on earth, The Great Migration.
2019 is filled with exciting dive adventures so please join our 2019 trips, but 2020 will be even better, so stay tuned, and please follow my posts. Each year’s trip calendar starts with a few exciting new dive destinations, and a few great places to re-visit, but all are done with great care and creativity to build the best dive adventures on the planet.
So, what’s in store for 2020:
- Jan 11-18: Dominica – Fort Young Hotel (arguably, the most diverse island, and the whale watching capital of the Caribbean). This will be a trip to discover and explore this gem in the Lesser Antilles, with an eye to return, to swim with Sperm Whales, and help with Leatherback Turtle conservation. Discover and explore with us, and you’ll tell others to join for future years.
- May 2-9: Belize – Turneffe Atoll + Blue Hole, a brand new resort with introductory pricing that can’t be beat, and the best diving in Belize – stay tuned for the trip details.
- June 1-11: Indonesia – No. Sulawesi (Lembeh + Siladen), this region offers so much diversity, with Bunaken National Marine Park, and the world’s best muck diving in Lembeh Straits, where you’ll find the most exotic critters in the world. We keep coming back, Indonesia offers the best diving in the world.
- July 21-30: Coastal Costa Rica – Socorro – M/Y Sharkwater, This will be a Citizen Scientist Research Expedition for 10 days, 9 nights, and 8 days of diving – stay tuned for the trip details.
- October 14-26: Red Sea – Aggressor I + Egypt Land Tour, this is the trip many of you have been waiting for, and it is now on the calendar and the pool is open. Some of the best diving in the world, and all the ancient sites of the cradle of civilization. If this exciting trip is on your bucket list, you should do it now, or you may regret it.
These dive adventures are currently being worked on, so stay tuned. If there are dates shown, I have a deposit on this trip. Otherwise, I am nailing down the details, and will post the trip shortly. Come and join us, for future trips to Costa Rica, Cuba, Azores, and an African Safari.
Our 2019 calendar is complete, after adding Bonaire at Buddy Dive Resort from August 31 – September 8, and the Kona Aggressor II from September 28 – October 5. Previously, about 5 weeks ago, I canceled Socorro Islands in February and added Sunscape Sabor Cozumel in January, plus a side trip to Playa del Carmen for cenotes and bull sharks. Socorro Islands was not filling up, so I pushed it out to February 2020, and meetup friends were looking for a winter dive trip, so these changes worked to satisfy those requirements.
2019 Dive Adventures:
- January 9-19: Playa del Carmen/Cozumel
- May 6-18: Philippines – Atlantis Puerto Galera/Tubbataha
- June 15-22: Cozumel + Whale Sharks
- July 13-20: Little Cayman
- August 31-September 8: Bonaire
- September 28-October 5: Kona
- December 2-14: Palau
So, scuba diving in the Maldives, what’s it really like? Especially, amidst the rumors of global warming and coral bleaching? Well, we just got back on Aug 31, and dove up to 30 dives in the regions of Central MaIe (standard liveaboard itinerary), and up in the Baa Atoll (4 additional nights land-based). The diving was a solid 8-9 with a few rough patches, but the Thilas were covered with some of the prettiest coral I’ve seen, and there were lots of sharks and lots of mantas, and we saw a whale shark.
One of the coolest things that happened while we were on our dive boat at Cross Chartering – the sky was full of color and it just looked like it would show us it’s exotic side, so many of us were watching. It didn’t disappoint us and 5-6 of us shouted with excitement at our first Green Flash Sunset.
Our land-based resort was fully 5 stars and was not what we originally contracted for, but everyone was over the top excited for having the dive adventure of a lifetime. We’ll do it again in two years. Come and join us.
Are you on a quest for an exotic and remote dive adventure, to one of the most pristine places on Planet Earth? We are traveling to the Philippines, with Atlantis Resorts for 13 days, 12 nights, and some of the best diving anywhere in the world – please watch the video. Enticed, and excited? Email or call me as soon as possible, this ship will sail with 16 guests, and we still have room for you and a friend.
Colorado Dive + Travel Adventures is now promoting Stream2Sea eco-friendly skin care products and we couldn’t be happier about helping to save our marine eco-system.
Earth is one awesome planet! Every inch is a work of wonder. At the heart of each member of the Stream2Sea team, there is an obsessive drive for discovery. Scuba diving, kayaking, swimming, hiking, camping, skiing…these are all part of our regular day-to-day living as a true necessity.
We just happen to be cosmetic chemists and environmentalists, too. So when we considered the ingredients commonly used in our skin care products and what their effects were not only to our bodies but on our planet too, we realized we could do better: we could create eco-conscious skin care products.
For a 10% discount, use code “cleanreef”, and use our world gently!! Thank you.
Galapagos, Cocos, Malpelo? These are all great Eastern Pacific dive destinations, and you should definitely go to the best places on the planet. But, what about Socorro (known as the Mexican Galapagos)? It is very similar diving and the best possible value. This trip has it all; a new research vessel with a growing legacy, incredible Pacific diving with Giant Mantas, Sharks and Dolphins, and the real possibility of Humpback Whales, and the ability to join in research to help save sharks. This trip is more than just a luxury dive trip, it is a grand adventure on the high seas with real purpose. Please consider this trip and come and join us.
Wow, our group of 22 divers just returned from Grand Cayman and Cobalt Coast, and the reviews were phenomenal. Please see photos on my personal page on facebook (Andy Skuntz) and see reviews on my google business page. I’ve been organizing group dive travel for 3-1/2 years and this group is really coming together, on so many fun trips. We did 17 boat dives and 1 night shore dive, and the photos really tell the story. Also included were afternoon trips to the USS Kittiwake and Sting Ray City. And Cobalt Coast, and Reef Divers, they were fabulous too – we’ll be back!
Please take a look at our upcoming dive trips and considering Colorado Dive + Travel Adventures for your next great dive adventure.
Colorado Dive + Travel Adventures is proud to join with Fins Attached as a Corporate Sponsor for future shark advocacy, research and conservation. The new dive boat, the Sharkwater, in honor of the late Rob Stewart, will be christened on July 27, at the Bahia Mar Marina in Ft. Lauderdale. Please contact me for details, and how you can also be a part of ocean conservation.