The Philippines has re-opened, and it’s time to return. With so many extraordinary places to visit in the Philippines, where shall we go? There are a few gems located in the central regions of Cebu and Bohol. Magic Resorts has two resorts with two distinctively different marine environments.
Magic Island Resort will be our home on Cebu: April 13-18, 2023
On Cebu, there is a region called Moalboal, meaning ‘bubbling stream’. It is a small town on the island of Cebu, with around 25 recognized dive sites and more are being discovered. The range of diving is excellent, with vertical walls, a cathedral like cave, healthy coral reefs and plenty of macro life.
Moalboal has a vast array of marine life, from the very tiny Denise Pygmy Seahorse, to the sexy and elegant Thresher Shark that is often spotted hunting the huge school of Sardines that reside at Panagsama Wall. The Sardine bait ball is a spectacle all by itself, with well over a million sardines making up the school. Watching them shift and change shapes as the predators swoop in to catch a tasty mouth full is just mesmerizing.
Pescador Island is just a 10 minute boat ride away. This little uninhabited islet rises up out of the Tañon Strait, creating a perfect place for marine life to flourish. Its huge walls drop down to 60 plus meters, with colorful soft corals and Gorgonian Sea Fans clinging to the rocky face, and all the tropical fish you can think of. On the West side of the islet, you have ‘The Cathedral’ a huge cavern that has numerous large entry and exit points, looking back out of the cavern it has the eerie appearance of a skull.
Magic Oceans Resort will be our home on Bohol: April 18-25, 2023
Across the channel from Cebu is the beautiful island of Bohol, a tropical haven of natural beauty, with pristine beaches and colourful coral dive sites for both divers and snorkellers to enjoy. Land attractions include the resident tarsiers and the world-famous Chocolate Hills.
Whale Sharks at Magic Oceans Dive Resort
From XXS to XXL: Anda is well-known because its variety in marine life. The Bargibanti Pygmy Seahorse and the Black Hairy Frogfish are just a few examples of the small, but great critters you can find in this area. However, you can also find the biggest fish in the ocean in this area: the Whale Shark.
Whale Sharks are often seen during a regular dive at Magic Oceans. However, only 1 hour away from the resort, we recently discovered an area where you can interact with these friendly giants on a daily basis!
We do offer the possibility to dive or snorkel with them during a half day trip, of course in a responsible and professional way.
Magic Resorts Combination package includes:
- Transfer Cebu airport – Magic Island – Magic Oceans – Cebu airport, incl. business class ferry tickets.
- 12 nights accommodations with Magic Resorts:
- 5 nights stay Superior Deluxe cottage Magic Island
- 5 days of full board in Magic Island
- 4 days of unlimited diving at Magic Island
- 7 nights stay Superior Deluxe cottage Magic Oceans
- 7 days of full board in Magic Oceans
- 5 days of unlimited diving in Magic Oceans
Not Included with this package:
- International Flights Denver (DEN) to Cebu (CEB)
- Rental dive gear
- Scuba training
- Crew gratuities
- Nitrox – $24 per diving day – $216
Complete Package Pricing – $2435, which includes items shown below.
- Prices above are per person in USD, and based on double occupancy.
- Single surcharge is $700 for 12 nights.
- Unlimited diving is based on 3 – 4 boat dives per day and unlimited, unguided house reef diving.
Optional Land Tours at MAGIC Oceans Dive Resort:
- Final Day (non-diving) – Bohol Adventure Tour $145
- Whale Shark half day – for the Whale Shark trip, we go to a place called Lila, which is a one-hour drive. We do either one dive or one snorkel, so we’re back at the resort around lunch time.
- The price for one dive is $110 pp.
- The price for one snorkel is $76 pp
Prices includes return transfer from/to the resort.
Deposit: $500 to reserve your space ($500 deposit is non-refundable)
Subsequent Payment: $500 due on October 5, 2022
Final Payment: Balance is due on January 5, 2023
Passport requirement – must have 6 months remaining until expiration date upon return to USA.
For all dive trips, consider purchasing travel insurance, and dive accident insurance. Both are highly recommended, and are made available to purchase!
To purchase DAN dive accident insurance, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the DAN banner link, Join DAN Today!, then follow the prompts on DAN’s website.
To purchase travel insurance, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the DAN banner link, Purchase Travel Insurance?, then follow the prompts on DAN’s website.
REEF SAFE SUNSCREEN
Some sunscreen ingredients are not safe for corals; these include oxybenzone. Research indicates that these chemicals can cause DNA damage to corals, promote viruses in corals, and contribute to the bleaching of corals. So that we can help protect our reefs, we encourage our guests to choose and use a sunscreen that is “coral safe”.
To purchase eco-friendly sunscreen products, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the Stream2Sea banner link, use code, “cleanreef” for a 10% discount.
** AIRFARE SOLD SEPARATELY **
Price is per person and based on double occupancy and items specified. Space is subject to availability, price subject to change without notice and not guaranteed until deposit is received. Cost for airfare cannot be guaranteed until paid and ticketed. Some restrictions may apply.
* Credit card payments can expect an additional 3% (4% international payers) to be added to the final invoice for all payments made with credit cards. This fee covers the cost of PayPal charges. Venmo, Zelle, Send Money to Friends and Family, and checks are always welcome.
If interested, please contact Andy Skuntz, at Colorado Dive + Travel Adventures, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 719-322-6941. This exciting trip will fill up fast.
Trip flyer, terms and conditions, and a trip application will be provided. Once the application is complete, please return to Andy via fax or email, then an invoice for the designated deposit will be provided.