This trip is under construction, so please be patient, it will go live very soon.
Why Sri Lanka is such a unique destination
Sri Lanka is one of the most exciting holiday destinations in the world. Whether you are wowed by landscape, wildlife, culture, or simply seek adventure – Sri Lanka is likely to be the perfect destination for you!
It’s home to pristine, warm-water beaches, gorgeously green landscapes, historic temples, spicy culinary traditions, amazing wildlife, colourful festivals, and architectural feats. It has what’s needed to wow even the most adventurous traveller, and impress even the most jaded photographers!
Wasgamua National Park
There are 23 species of mammals that have been spotted at the park and of these, the most important is the Wild Elephant, of which there are approximately 150 living in the Park. In addition to these giants, you might see Wild Buffaloes and Spotted Deer grazing in the grasslands. If you’re really lucky, you might come across a Leopard or a Sloth Bear lazing the time away under a shady tree. Water Monitors and Crocodiles have been spotted in the water holes within the park. You will be able to see 143 species of birds at the Park. Of these, 8 species are endemic to Sri Lanka and among them are the Red-faced Malkoha and Ceylon Jungle Fowl, which will wake you up with a song early in morning. More important species such as the Lesser Adjutant, Yellow Fronted Barbet, Ceylon Spur Fowl and the rare Ceylon Frogmouth have also been reported at the Park.
The early morning and a few hours before sunset are the best times to view these birds, as these are the times they flock to the watering holes.
Wilpattu National Park
The situated along the Northwest coast lowland dry zone of Sri Lanka. It comprises of a unique complex of lakes called Villus, which are natural basins that are filled up with rainwater and are surrounded by open grassy plains set within dense scrub jungle. A multitude of sandy paths wind around the entire park and open up into these large natural lakes. The unspoilt and beautiful Wilpattu National Park is one of the largest and oldest National Parks in Sri Lanka. It is ideal for those wanting to escape the flurry of activity of Yala and instead offers the opportunity for a tranquil, peaceful and undisturbed drive.
The biggest draws in Wilpattu are Leopards and Sloth bears. Alongside these, it is possible to see Asian Elephants, Spotted Deer, Barking Deer, Wild Pig, Asiatic Buffalo and Mugger Crocodiles. Endemic birds include the Ceylon Junglefowl, Brown-capped Babbler, Ceylon Woodshrike and Black-capped Bulbul in riverine habitats. Muntjac or Barking Deer are more easily seen in Wilpattu than any other national park. Butterflies recorded include the Great Eggfly, Great Orange Tip, Glad-eye Bushbrown, Blue Mormon, Common Mormon, Common Rose and Crimson Rose.
In the company of giants: swimming with the blue whales of Sri Lanka
There is some presence of blue whales off Sri Lanka year-round, but the best time to see them—because of the density of whales, water temperature and clarity—is February through May, with March and April being the prime time. DIVE CONDITIONS from the city of Trincomalee is on the northeast coast of Sri Lanka.
Best Blue Whale Drone Footage on YouTube!
Sri Lanka Travel Itinerary:
- Day 1, April 1: Arrival into Columbo Airport (CMB), transfer to Jetwing Columbo Seven Hotel (1 hour),
- Ayubowan! (Welcome), arrive in style, greeted by your naturalist Chauffeur Guide, and transfer to hotel.
- Remainder of the day at leisure or optional city tour.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Jetwing Colombo Seven Hotel, Colombo, https://www.jetwinghotels.com/jetwingcolomboseven/, half board (breakfast & dinner)
- Day 2, April 2: Have breakfast, then leave for Wasgamuwa National Park (approx. 5 hours), to Lavendish Wild Safari Hotel, Wasgamuwa
- Afternoon Safari (game drive)
- Dinner and overnight stay at Lavendish Wild Safari Hotel, Wasgamuwa, Standard Room, Half board basis (Dinner & Breakfast), https://www.lavendishleisure.com/hotels/lavendish-wild-safari.
- Day 3-4, April 3-4: Wasgamuwa National Park, Lavendish Wild Safari Hotel, Wasgamuwa, Standard Room, Half board basis (Dinner & Breakfast), 3 night stay, April 2-5.
- Afternoon at leisure.
- Day 5, April 5: Transfer to Wilpattu National Park (approx. 4 hours), to Forest Rock Garden, Wilpattu, Deluxe Room, Half board basis (Dinner & Breakfast), https://www.forestrockgarden.lk/.
- After the breakfast your naturalist guide will meet you at the hotel lobby and accompany you to Wilpattu for three nights.
- Day 6-7, April 6-7, Wilpattu National Park (approx. 20 min drive), Accomodations – Forest Rock Garden, Wilpattu, Deluxe Room, Half board basis (Dinner & Breakfast)
- 2 x Full day safaris at Wilpattu National park.
- After early dinner night drive at the buffer zone of Wilpattu national park in search of small cat species.
- Safari Jeeps- Exclusive basis – 4 X 4 Jeeps
- Dinner and overnight stay at Forest Rock Garden, Wilpattu.
- Day 8, April 8: Transfer to Trincomalee (approx. 3 hours), to Trinco Blu by Cinnamon, Trincomalee, Superior Room , Half board basis (Dinner & Breakfast), https://www.cinnamonhotels.com/trincoblucinnamon
- After enjoying your breakfast proceed to Trincomalee. Your naturalist guide will drop you at Trinco Blu by Cinnamon and will finish his services.
- Dinner and overnight stay at Trinco Blu by Cinnamon, Trincomalee.
- Days 9-13, April 9-13: Whale Watching – 2 boats (5 days on the water)
- Day 14, April 14: Check out Trinco Blu, transfer to Columbo Airport for Thai Airways evening flight (7 hours with comfort stops
- Breakfast, then depart to the airport.
Though it will be difficult to say goodbye, all good things come to an end. Your representative from Jetwing will meet you on time in the hotel lobby to return you by way to the international airport for your departing flight and a safe journey home.
Sri Lanka Travel Package includes:
- Accommodation in all hotels mentioned above (Subjected to availability upon confirmation)
- Private air-conditioned vehicle and an English speaking Naturalist Wildlife Guide for the duration of the trip from day 1 to day 8 and day 13. 7 Pax-A/C Van with English speaking naturalist chauffeur guide
- Local government taxes & service charges
- Breakfast & Dinner in the hotels, (packed breakfast will be provided during the morning/full day safaris)
- Oil and Fuel charge
- Private Safari jeep charges (exclusive basis Jeeps)
- Night drive at the buffer zone of Wilpattu
- Airport Transfers as mentioned in the program
- Dedicated tour consultant to attend to all your requirements/needs from the time you land in Sri Lanka till Departure 24 hours 7 days a week
- Reusable water bottle per person
- All entrance fees mentioned in the program
Package price does not include:
- International Flights Denver (DEN) to Columbo (CMB)
- Camera and Video Permits (applicable for commercial purposes)
- All expenses of personal nature
- Insurance – highly recommended
- Optional tours and activities
- Airport taxes
- All entrance fees to tourist and other attractions not specified above
*You can apply for Visa via www.eta.gov.lk
Cost per person based on double occupancy with daily half board – USD $4585
Deposit: $1000 to reserve your space (deposit is non-refundable, unless suitable replacement can be found)
Final Payment: Balance is due on January 20, 2024
Passport requirement – must have 6 months remaining until expiration date upon return to USA.
For all dive trips, consider purchasing travel insurance, and dive accident insurance. Both are highly recommended, and are made available to purchase!
To purchase DAN dive accident insurance, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the DAN banner link, Join DAN Today!, then follow the prompts on DAN’s website.
To purchase travel insurance, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the DAN banner link, Purchase Travel Insurance?, then follow the prompts on DAN’s website.
REEF SAFE SUNSCREEN
Some sunscreen ingredients are not safe for corals; these include oxybenzone. Research indicates that these chemicals can cause DNA damage to corals, promote viruses in corals, and contribute to the bleaching of corals. So that we can help protect our reefs, we encourage our guests to choose and use a sunscreen that is “coral safe”.
To purchase eco-friendly sunscreen products, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the Stream2Sea banner link, use code, “cleanreef” for a 10% discount.
** AIRFARE SOLD SEPARATELY **
Price is per person and based on double occupancy and items specified. Space is subject to availability, price subject to change without notice and not guaranteed until deposit is received. Cost for airfare cannot be guaranteed until paid and ticketed. Some restrictions may apply.
* Credit card or any payments made through the PayPal invoice will be charged an additional 3.5% (5% international payers). This fee covers the cost of the PayPal fee. Venmo, Zelle, and paper checks via snail mail are always welcome.
If interested, please contact Andy Skuntz, at Colorado Dive + Travel Adventures, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 719-322-6941. This exciting trip will fill up fast.
Trip flyer, terms and conditions, and a trip application will be provided. Once the application is complete, please return to Andy via fax or email, then an invoice for the designated deposit will be provided.