Maldives – Southern Hemisphere Itinerary: February 10-22, 2025
February 10: Our Maldives Adventure to the Southern Hemisphere begins from Male, with a 95 minute direct flight from MLE to GAN airport, on Addu Atoll.
February 10-15: Our land resort, Equator Village and dive operator, AquaVentures, will host us on Addu Atoll for 5 nights, with 4 days of diving.
February 15-22: From Addu Atoll, on February 15, we board our luxury home on the ocean, Blue Force One, and we’ll be onboard for 7 nights, with 5-1/2 days of diving.
February 22: Sadly, our adventure ends on Kooddoo Atoll, and our 65 minute direct flight, GKK to MLE.
MALDIVES LIVEABOARD, “WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE”
The archipelago of the Maldives is formed by 25 atolls and almost 1,200 islands. The vast majority of the islands are uninhabited. It is considered one of the top diving destinations in the world, and the Maldives diving is one of the most exciting experiences in life.
With a wonderful tropical climate, breath-taking and unspoiled desert islands, and a spectacular underwater world of stunning beauty. So… Still, thinking about choosing a Maldives Liveaboard? Just stay reading to discover the best liveaboard fleet in the Maldives
Along with a population is the finest hosts, offering a level of peace and security like very few places in the World. Ensuring that the Maldives is one of the most desirable tourist destinations for divers and non-divers alike.
After more than 25 years of experience operating in the Maldives, BLUE FORCE FLEET offers you the MALDIVES BLUE FORCE ONE and the MALDIVES BLUE FORCE 3, two of the best “liveaboard” boats in this wonderful country, the Maldives.
Designed for divers and non-divers, both ships have been conceived under the philosophy of love for detail, guaranteeing comfort and a “Premium” experience. Onboard, you will discover and enjoy the best-kept secrets of one of the TOP diving destinations in the world. We know what you are looking for and we have designed it for you.
MALDIVES BLUE FORCE ONE
Our Maldives Blue Force One has been awarded as the best Maldivian liveaboard boat (2018). We have designed a perfect boat for you to enjoy your diving vacation without skimping on comfort and details. Details such as an outdoor jacuzzi, solariums with sun loungers, an outdoor bar, a large lounge, and modern cabins make it an ideal boat for non-divers.
The Blue Force One has a different design than the other liveaboard boats in the Maldives. As a Premium diving boat competing with resorts, we decided to give more comfort to the guest and extend the trip experience farther than just the diving activity.
We have a big outdoor restaurant on the boat’s bow, which permits us to enjoy the meals outside. A clean and open living room without columns offers a really good environment for briefings, group meetings, or just for watching a movie.
The full-service bar, the terrace in the back, and the chillout area in the front are the best option to enjoy the evening and the night drinking one of our cocktails after a day full of incredible emotions.
Regarding the cabins, we try to be in the same way as a hotel so our cabins are like a room of a hotel offering you the perfect space to rest or enjoy your privacy.
Diving in the Maldives is not only a question of being underwater… is a new kind of holiday and we want to offer you the Blue Force Experience.
Drum Roll Please – we propose to you a diving cruise off the traditional diving routes in the Maldives.
Addu, Ghaafu Alifu & Ghaafu Dhaaly, Fuvahmulah. Embarking and disembarking in Kooddoo depending on the stage.
Most interesting spots on the route:
* GAAFU ALIFU & GHAAFU DHAALU: Doing the “Southern Hemisphere” route, you will have the opportunity to go more in depth into one of the most beautiful atolls of the Maldives, Gaafu Alifu and Gaafu Dhaalu, visiting all its marvelous places. The famous Vilingili and Kooddoo channels of are only a part of the many attractions that this huge atoll has to offer. We also find densely coral garden, blue dives next to the reef like Gemmanafushi Beru where we go out to find hammerhead and silky sharks and more.
* ADDU: Famous for its manta dives at Maa Kandu cleaning station where we can enjoy the presence of these majestic creatures. Addu is also home to the largest wreck in the Maldives, The Bristis Loyalty, 150 meters! But not only that, in this atoll we also find incredible blue walls where we have the chance to find tiger, silvertip and grey reef sharks.
* FUVAHMULAH: One of the main attractions of this route, Fuvahmulah is where we will spend one of our days during the trip. This island south of the equators offers exciting dives such as the southern plateau, with strong currents, we will have the chance to see from hammerhead sharks to thresher and tiger sharks, or the famous Tiger Zoo or Tiger Wall where we will have the opportunity to see tiger sharks up close, with the possibility to choose the “attracting” dives (hiding waste from the fish processing plant under the rocks). other pelagic animals are common in Fuvahmulah (tunas, jack fish, marlin, etc…)
The highlight of South Maldives diving
The route is unique and out of all the usual circuits. The quality of the dives is extraordinary. The amount of life (schools of jacks, schools of sharks and other pelagics, whale shark at night, mantas, tiger shark, mola mola, sailfish …), the quality and exuberance of the reefs, thilas with corals like the Maldives 25 years ago turn the route into the best of Maldives!
We recommend that you book your flights with arrival in Male before 12.00 noon and with later departure at 12.00 noon for best domestic flight connections with the boat not to miss any dive.
IT IS COMPULSORY TO HAVE FOR SOUTH HEMISPHERE 100 LOGGED DIVES
Passengers holding EU nationality need to have their passport valid for at least six months since departure from Maldives.
Other nationalities check with Consulate/Embassy representatives’ conditions of entry in Maldives.
All payments on board can be in USD or €. Credit card accepted with a surcharge of 4%. American Express is not accepted
The diver is responsible for holding the corresponding Diving Certificate for dives to be done. If the diver doesn’t hold the required certificate or the guide in charge of going along with the divers considers, for any reason, that the client is not qualified for some dive, he will have full authority not to allow the client for such dive. Besides, Blue Force Diving won’t commit itself to make any deduction for that.
Due to sea conditions, weather conditions or any other factors, the boat/cruise staff reserves the right to change the route totally or partially without prior warning. No refund will be issued for such circumstances.
Blue Force One Dive Package Includes:
- Airport – boat – airport transfer
- Accommodation in a double shared cabin onboard on full board
- Water, tea & coffee
- 18 dives including S80 tank, weights, guides, and diving boat (Dhoni)
- Travel, diving and cancellation insurance
Blue Force One Dive Does Not include:
- International Flights Denver to Male
- Domestic flights GKK to MLE (included in Addu Atoll pricing)
- Onboard payments: Maldives taxes $185, Green tax $42, Service tax $130
- Soft drinks and alcohol
- Rental equipment (must be booked before the departure)
- Nitrox per person per week: $70
- Day hotel option (Direct payment)
- Possible increases in fuel, taxes, and US dollar fluctuation (if any)
- Internet connection
Complete Package Pricing (Blue Force One only) – starting at $2590
- Deluxe Cabins (7) – $2590 (Lower Deck, #111 is Upper Deck)
- Master Cabin (1) – $2690 (Lower Deck)
- Junior Suites (2) – $2790 (Upper Deck)
- Master Suites (2) – $2890 (Main Deck)
Once I receive your trip application and deposit, I will send you a boat vessel diagram so you can choose your cabin.
Scroll below for the combined pricing of boat and land resort, and payment schedule of both dive packages.
ADDU ATOLL – AQUAVENTURE SCUBA DIVING MALDIVES
Scuba Diving Maldives, Addu the most southern atoll is a truly unforgettable experience that stands out from the rest in the Maldives. In Addu we have several top diving sites; Addu Manta Point, where you can see Manta rays year round, Addu SharkPoint where you can dive with hundreds of sharks including tigersharks and silvertip sharks. The second world war wreck the British Loyalty and diving sites with the best hard corals you can find in Maldives. Addu Atoll is the best place in Maldives, if you like to dive with giant manta rays, tigersharks and more pelagic species.
Whether you’re a novice or an experienced scuba diver, the Maldives are just one part of the world that offers a large number of diverse dive sites, that cater to every individual scuba diver’s needs and desires for underwater adventure and beauty. Scuba diving in Maldives is in warm, clear waters and abundant marine life have made the Maldives one of the top scuba diving destinations on the planet. Turquoise lagoons that are full with life, colorful coral reefs that rival some of the best in the world.
Addu Atoll in Maldives is home to an array of dive sites, all with their own unique features. From wreck dives to drift dives and reef dives. There are plenty of things to see and enjoy, no matter what level of diving experience you have gained thus far in your scuba diving career.
Equator Village, Addu Atoll
The southernmost part of the Maldivian archipelago, Addu Atoll has a unique and fascinating history. Adduans are proudly independent, with their own dialect, cuisine and culture. The atoll was historically one of the most developed parts of the Maldives. According to sources, Meedhoo island of Addu has some of the earliest settlements in the Maldives.
History of Addu
The British Royal Air Force had a base in Gan island until the late 1970s (it’s now the international airport), and Adduans enjoyed free healthcare courtesy of the British, long before such services arrived in other parts of the Maldives.
Equator Village Maldives is built on what used to be the RAF’s Sergeant’s Mess. The old colonial buildings still stand, and have been tastefully converted and renovated with the modern traveller in mind. Set amidst a tropical garden where native species such as coconut, bilimbi, and frangipani thrive on manicured lawns, guests can choose to stay in ocean-view rooms or opt for the quieter rooms facing the gardens.
The rooms are cozy, spacious, and designed to give you the most comfortable nights’ sleep. The resort offers 78 rooms, with two basic categories of rooms; Simple and comfortable Standard rooms offering a cozy shack and the twin sharing room offering a living space fitted with all the amenities and a mini-bar, with the adjoining door leading to the bedroom.
Cozy & Spacious
The rooms are separated by thick green shrubs blooming with pretty flowers. During the day, guests are treated to their very own ‘nat-geo’ moment of the bumble bees and butterflies buzzing around the flowers. Apart from the slight buzzing and humming of these exquisite insects, the resort tends to be quiet throughout the day. The sound of waves (because of the beaches close proximity to the room) are something of a night jingle (but in a softer, more soothing tone).
Addu Atoll Dive Package (Equator Village + AquaVentures) Includes:
- Airport transfer to resort
- Accommodation in a Standard Room, shared occupancy
- Domestic flights in the Maldives (Male to Gan, Kooddoo to Male)
- Breakfast and dinner
- 5 days of diving (2 days x 3 tanks, 2 days x 2 tanks) 10 boat dives
- Tanks, weights, and belts
- Daily transfer resort to dive boat and return
Addu Atoll Package Does Not include:
- International Flights Denver to Male
- Soft drinks and alcohol
- Rental equipment
- Nitrox per person
- Crew gratuities
- Scuba training
Complete Package Pricing (Addu Atoll only) – $1847, this rate is based on 2024 prices, and is subject to new rates for 2025.
Total Package Price (Blue Force One + Equator Village) per boat cabin choice:
- Deluxe Cabins – $2590 + $1847 = $4437
- Master Cabin – $2690 + $1847 = $4537
- Junior Suites – $2790 + $1847 = $4637
- Master Suites – $2890 + $1847 = $4737
- Deposit: $1000 to reserve your space (deposit is non-refundable)
- Subsequent Payment: $1000 due July 1, 2024
- Final Payment: Balance is due on December 1, 2024
Passport requirement – must have 6 months remaining until expiration date upon return to USA.
For all dive trips, consider purchasing travel insurance, and dive accident insurance. Both are highly recommended, and are made available to purchase!
To purchase DAN dive accident insurance, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the DAN banner link, Join DAN Today!, then follow the prompts on DAN’s website.
To purchase travel insurance, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the DAN banner link, Purchase Travel Insurance?, then follow the prompts on DAN’s website.
REEF SAFE SUNSCREEN
Some sunscreen ingredients are not safe for corals; these include oxybenzone. Research indicates that these chemicals can cause DNA damage to corals, promote viruses in corals, and contribute to the bleaching of corals. So that we can help protect our reefs, we encourage our guests to choose and use a sunscreen that is “coral safe”.
To purchase eco-friendly sunscreen products, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the Stream2Sea banner link, use code, “cleanreef” for a 10% discount.
** INTERNATIONAL AIRFARE SOLD SEPARATELY **
Price is per person and based on double occupancy and items specified. Space is subject to availability, price subject to change without notice and not guaranteed until deposit is received. Cost for airfare cannot be guaranteed until paid and ticketed. Some restrictions may apply.
* Credit card payments can expect an additional 3.5% (5% international payers) to be added to the final invoice for all payments made with credit cards. This fee covers the cost of PayPal charges. Venmo, Zelle, and checks are always welcome.
If interested, please contact Andy Skuntz, at Colorado Dive + Travel Adventures, email to email@example.com, or call at 719-322-6941. This exciting trip will fill up fast.
Trip flyer, terms and conditions, and a trip application will be provided. Once the application is complete, please return to Andy via fax or email, then an invoice for the designated deposit will be provided.