Serengeti and The Northern Circuit – Four National Parks with the Greatest Wildlife on the Planet
Safari in Swahili means “the journey”. Tanzania, home of the Swahili, is also home to the most prolific wildlife on our planet. In Tanzania, ‘safari’ has come to mean ‘a journey with animals’. Tanzania has been consistently voted the world’s number one safari destination.
Our journey will take us deep into the bush lands of Northern Tanzania, with ample time to explore all areas of the major parks that make Tanzania’s safaris so famous. Early September is the start of the drier season in Northern Tanzania, and this means you have great opportunities to view the wildlife of the plains and savannah areas. There will be large herds roaming the plains. These herds attract predators and you’ll no doubt see prides of lion following the buffalo, zebra, and gazelle.
Zanzibar Archipelago + Stone Town
Zanzibar is a Tanzanian archipelago off the coast of East Africa. On its main island, Unguja, familiarly called Zanzibar, is Stone Town, a historic trade center with Swahili and Islamic influences. Its winding lanes present minarets, carved doorways and 19th-century landmarks such as the House of Wonders, a former sultan’s palace. The northern villages Nungwi and Kendwa have wide beaches lined with hotels.
The archipelago is also known as the Spice Islands. There are four main islands, three primary islands with human populations, a fourth coral island that serves as an essential breeding ground for seabirds.
Our journey includes an extension to Zanzibar to enjoy a week on the beach and diving in the Indian Ocean. The dives are followed by easy afternoons to have that cold drink on the beach, or to go explore the island with its’ natural beauty and history.
What’s Included in this Package:
Serengeti and Northern Circuit:
- 1 Night Arusha Lodge, prior to safari, full board
- 7 Nights lodging (see lodging links on detailed itinerary) in 4 national parks including:
- Private cars (1 car per maximum 6 pax)
- English-speaking driver-guide
- All meals in national parks mainland
- Unlimited mileage in parks
- Tea, coffee, water, soda in vehicle in parks
- Entry to 4 parks (Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Crater)
- Crater concession fees
- Free storage (dive gear) in Arusha – leave hard baggage here, for later flight to Zanzibar
- Lunch in Arusha prior to flight to Zanzibar
- Pick up & drop off at Arusha airports of choice
- Temporary insurance cover with Flying Doctors
Zanzibar + Stone Town:
- Flight Arusha to Zanzibar one way
- Transfer to beach location Zanzibar
- 6 Nights lodging in beach resort Zanzibar with daily breakfast
- Dinner for first night in Zanzibar
- Total of 10 dives, guided (8 am, 2 pm)/NITROX fills for each dive
- 1 Day long range diving sites at Mnemba Atoll
- Sunset cruise on dhow
- Transfer to Stone Town
- 1 Night guesthouse in Stone Town, B&B
- Transfer to Zanzibar Airport
What’s Not Included in this Package:
- International flights to Kilimanjaro (JRO) and return from Zanzibar (ZNZ)
- Entry Visa
- Vaccinations, COVID Testing
- Insurance (travel, dive, medical) – highly recommended, available to purchase (see info below)
- Upgrades requested
- Alcoholic or soft drinks in any location
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for safari driver/guide, and dive crew
- Any items or activities, or meals not mentioned above
- Any items that are unforeseen at the time of booking
- Hotel levy tax in ZNZ of 1 USD pp per night in Zanzibar
Complete Package Pricing – $5985
Prices above are per person in US$ and are based on double occupancy. For single occupancy rates, please request a quote.
All payments are non-refundable, subject to cancelation policies of The African & Oriental Travel Company on the detailed itinerary, unless we can find a suitable replacement, then it will be subject to an administrative fee of $50. My trip terms and conditions (on a separate document) are subordinate to the cancelation policies of The African & Oriental Travel Company, stated above.
- Deposit: $1500 to reserve your space.
- Subsequent Payment: $1500 due March 5, 2022
- Final Payment: $2985 due on June 5, 2022
Passport requirement – must have 6 months remaining until expiration date upon return to USA.
For all dive trips, consider purchasing travel insurance, and dive accident insurance. Both are highly recommended, and are made available to purchase!
To purchase DAN dive accident insurance, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the DAN banner link, Join DAN Today!, then follow the prompts on DAN’s website.
To purchase travel insurance, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the DAN banner link, Purchase Travel Insurance?, then follow the prompts on DAN’s website.
REEF SAFE SUNSCREEN
Some sunscreen ingredients are not safe for corals; these include oxybenzone. Research indicates that these chemicals can cause DNA damage to corals, promote viruses in corals, and contribute to the bleaching of corals. So that we can help protect our reefs, we encourage our guests to choose and use a sunscreen that is “coral safe”.
To purchase eco-friendly sunscreen products, please scroll to the bottom of this page, and click on the Stream2Sea banner link, use code, “cleanreef” for a 10% discount.
** AIRFARE SOLD SEPARATELY **
Price is per person and based on double occupancy and items specified. Space is subject to availability, price subject to change without notice and not guaranteed until deposit is received. Cost for airfare cannot be guaranteed until paid and ticketed. Some restrictions may apply.
* Credit card payments can expect an additional 3% (4% international payers) to be added to the final invoice for all payments made with credit cards. This fee covers the cost of PayPal charges. Venmo, Zelle, Send Money to Friends and Family, and checks are always welcome.
If interested, please contact Andy Skuntz, at Colorado Dive + Travel Adventures, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 719-322-6941. This exciting trip will fill up fast.
Trip flyer, terms and conditions, and a trip application will be provided. Once the application is complete, please return to Andy via fax or email, then an invoice for the designated deposit will be provided.